Publicly Available Reports
- P.A.M. Bachand, K.S. Burt, S. Carlton, S.M. Bachand, 2020. Sierra Valley, CA – A white paper on the opportunities and challenges for management of groundwater under SGMA. Developed for Feather River Land Trust, Quincy, CA. Available on Aquatic Commons. Published March 10, 2020.
- P.A.M. Bachand, K.S. Burt, S. Carlton, S.M. Bachand, 2020. Groundwater relationships to pumping, precipitation and geology in high-elevation basin, Sierra Valley, CA. Developed for Feather River Land Trust, Quincy, CA. Available on Aquatic Commons. Published March 10, 2020.
- S.M. Bachand, R. Hossner, P.A.M. Bachand. 2017 OFR Demonstration Site Monitoring and Analyses: Effects on soil hydrology and salinity, and potential implications on soil oxygen. Developed For Sustainable Conservation, San Francisco, CA. Available Through Sustainable Conservation, “Sustainable Conservation”, Published: January 28, 2019.
- P.A.M. Bachand, S.M. Bachand, H. Waterhouse, J. Rath, M. Ung, S. Roy, V. Kretsinger, B. Dalgish, W. Horwath, H. Dahlke, C. Creamer, J. Choperena, and D. Mountjoy. Technical Report: Modeling Nitrate Leaching Risk from Specialty Crop Fields During On-Farm Managed Floodwater Recharge in the Kings Groundwater Basin and the Potential for its Management. Available from Sustainable Conservation, "Sustainable Conservation", Published: 2017.
- Tetra Tech, Inc. McMullin On-Farm Flood Capture; Mitigation, Monitoring and Reporting Program; Fresno, CA. 2016. Prepared for Kings River Conservation District for submittal to California DWR.
- Tetra Tech, Inc. McMullin On-Farm Flood Capture, Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration, Fresno, CA. 2016. Prepared for Kings River Conservation District for submittal to California DWR.
- Stumpner, E.B., T.E.C. Kraus, J.A. Fleck, A.M. Hansen, S.M. Bachand, W.R. Horwath, J.F. DeWild, D.P. Krabbenhoft and P.A.M. Bachand. 2015. Mercury, monomethyl mercury, and dissolved organic carbon concentrations in surface water entering and exiting constructed wetlands treated with metal-based coagulants, Twitchell Island, California. Available on USGS, U.S. Geological Survey Data Series 950, 26 p, Published: 2015.
- Bachand PAM, Trabant S, Vose S, Mussetter B. 2013. McMullin On-Farm Flood Capture and Recharge Project: Hydraulic and Hydrologic Analyses (H & H). Final report, TO# 01, prepared for Kings River Conservation District for submittal to California DWR.
- Henneberry, Y., Summer, K., Bachand, P.A.M., Roy, S. (2013). Restoring Areas of Suisun Marsh to Tidal Wetlands: Potential Effects on Mercury Geochemical Interactions and Implications for the Suisun Marsh TMDL. Prepared for US Environmental Protection Agency Region 9 and San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board. Available on ResearchGate.
- Bachand, P.A.M. , W.R. Horwath , S. Roy , J. Choperena , and D. Cameron. 2011. Final Report: Implications of Using On-Farm Flood Flow Capture To Recharge Groundwater and Mitigate Flood Risks Along the Kings River, CA. For Grant Agreement No. 68-9104-0-128 between Bachand & Associates and the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service. Davis, CA, Bachand & Associates, 53pp. September 30, 2012. Available on Aquatic Commons, Published: September 30, 2012.
- Bachand, P.A.M., W.R. Horwath, W.R., S.B. Roy, J. Choperena and Cameron, D. (2011) Fact Sheet: On-Farm Flood Flow Capture – addressing flood risks and groundwater overdraft in the Kings Basin, with potential applications throughout the Central Valley. Davis, CA, Bachand & Associates, 4pp. Available on Aquatic Commons,Published: 2011.
- Siegel, S., P. Bachand, D. Gillenwater, S. Chappell, B. Wickland, O. Rocha, M. Stephenson, W. Heim, C. Enright, P. Moyle, P. Crain, B. Downing. B. Bergamaschi. 2011. Best Management Practices Report, Strategies for Resolving Low Dissolved Oxygen and Methylmercury Events in Northern Suisun Marsh. Prepared for the State Water Resources Control Board, Sacramento, California. SWRCB Project Number 06 283552 0. July. Available from CA. State Water Resources Control Board, Published: 2013.
- Merrill, S. Siegel, B. Morris, A. Ferguson, G. Young, C. Ingram, P. Bachand, H. Shepley, M. Singer, N. Hume. 2010. Greenhouse Gas Reduction and Environmental Benefits in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta: Advancing Carbon Capture Wetland Farms and Exploring Potential for Low Carbon Agriculture. Prepared for The Nature Conservancy, Sacramento, California.
- Windham-Myers, L., M. Marvin-DiPasquale, J. Fleck, C.N. Alpers, J. Ackerman, C. Eagles-Smith, C. Stricker, M. Stephenson, D. Feliz, G. Gill, P. Bachand, A. Brice, and R. Kulakow. 2010. Methylmercury cycling, bioaccumulation, and export from agricultural and non-agricultural wetlands in the Yolo Bypass. Final Report submitted to the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board. September 2010. 266 p. Available from CA. State Water Resources Control Board, Published: 2010.
- P.A.M. Bachand, B.A. Pellerin, P.J. Hernes, W. Horwath, S. Deverel, J. Florsheim, N-H Oh, JF Saraceno; R.G.M. Spencer, B.A. Bergamaschi, L. Kavvas, S. Bachand, S. Prentice, D. Leighton, J. Wrysinski, Z.Q. Chen, N. Ohara, S. Jang, M. Cayar, L.Lan, and I. Haltas. 2011 Summarizing the Willow Slough Watershed Study: Quantifying Loads and Assessing Management Strategies for Reducing Water Constituents of Concern in Watershed. Final Outreach Report Prepared for the State Water Resources Control Board, Sacramento, California, SWRCB Project Number 04-173-555-2. November, 2011.
- Siegel, S., Bachand, P.A.M., Gillenwater, D., Chappell, S., Wickland, B., Rocha, O., Stephenson, M., Heim, W., Enright, C., Moyle, P., Crain, P., Downing, B., Bergamaschi, B. (2011). Final Evaluation Memorandum: Strategies for Resolving Low Dissolved Oxygen and Methylmercury Events in Northern Suisun Marsh. Sacramento, CA, State Water Resources Control Board, 353pp. Available on Aquatic Commons. Published: 2011.
- P.A.M. Bachand, B.A. Pellerin, P.J. Hernes, W. Horwath, S. Deverel, J. Florsheim, B.A. Bergamaschi, L. Kavvas, J. Wrysinski. 2010. Willow Slough Watershed Study: Management of Pollutant Loads from Major Agricultural land Uses and Development of Best Management Practices 2005 – 2010, A Summary. Outreach Summary in partial fulfillment of State Water Resources Control Board Agreement No. 04-173-555-0. November, 2010.
- Bachand, P., A. Heyvaert, J. Reuter, I. Werner, S. Bachand, and S.J. Teh. 2007. Chemical Treatment Methods Pilot (CTMP) System for Treatment of Urban Runoff – Phase I. Feasibility and Design. Final Report for the City of South Lake Tahoe. Submitted to the USFS and the City of South Lake Tahoe. Available on Tetratech, Published: February 22, 2007.
- Bachand, P., J. Trejo-Gaytan, J. Darby and J. Reuter. 2006. Final Report: Small-Scale Studies on Low Intensity Chemical Dosing (LICD) for Treatment of Highway Runoff. Submitted to CALTRANS (California Department of Transportation) by University of California Davis. Available on National Transportation Library, Published: April 19, 2006.
- Bachand & Associates, Hydrofocus, Inc., University of California, Davis, U.S. Geological Survey, Ducks Unlimited, & Contra Costa Water District. SWRCB Agreement No 03-165-555-0. 2006. Reducing Non-point DOC and Nitrogen Exports from Rice Fields: A Pilot Study and Quantitative Survey to Determine the Effects of Different Hydrologic Management Practices. Available on Aquatic Commons, Published: May 19, 2006.
- Bachand, P.A.M. and A. Heyvaert. 2005. Adsorptive Media Investigations and Testing for Improved Performance of Stormwater Treatment Systems in the Tahoe Basin. Final report submitted to Placer County Department of Public Works and The California Lake Tahoe Conservancy. Publicly Available on ResearchGate, Published: March 15, 2005.
- Bachand, P.A.M. and Bachand, S. and Heyvaert, A. (2005) BMP treatment technologies, monitoring needs, and knowledge gaps: status of the knowledge and relevance within the Tahoe Basin. Sacramento, CA. California State University Sacramento, Office of Water Programs (Technical Memorandum 2007.01). Publicly available on Aquatic Commons, Published: 2005.
- Bachand, P.A.M. Literature Review: Potential Application of Adsorptive Media to Enhance Phosphorus Uptake in Stormwater Basins and Wetlands at Lake Tahoe, Final Revision. Final report submitted to the University of California Davis Tahoe Research Group in fulfillment of Deliverable 1a of Contract No. 02-00700ICR. Available on ResearchGate, Published: 2003.
- Siegel, S.W. and P.A.M. Bachand. 2001. Ecological Restoration of Salt Ponds in South San Francisco Bay – A Feasibility Analysis. Wetlands and Water Resources, San Rafael, CA. Publicly Available on Aquatic Commons, Published: June 20, 2001.
- Bachand, P.A.M., C.J. Richardson and P. Vaithiyanathan. 2000. Phase II Low Intensity Chemical Dosing (LICD): Development of Management Practices. Final report submitted to Florida Department of Environmental Protection in fulfillment of Contract No. WM720. Publicly available from Aquatic Commons, Published: December 2000.
- Bachand, P.A.M. and S.M. Bachand. 1999. An Assessment of Metal Removal in Wetlands and Implications on the Design of the Pleasant Grove Wastewater Treatment Plant wetland for Meeting NTR/CTR Requirements. Prepared for Carollo Engineers. February 15, 1999.