2011 - 2020 Publications
2011 - 2020 Publications
- Bachand, S.M., Kraus, T.E.C., Stern, D., Liang, Y.L., Horwath, W.R. and Bachand, P.A.M. (2019). Aluminum- and iron-based coagulation for in-situ removal of dissolved organic carbon, disinfection byproducts, mercury and other constituents from agricultural drain water. Publicly Available on ScienceDirect, "Ecological Engineering", 134, pp. 26-38, Published: 2019.
- Bachand, P.A.M, Bachand, S.M., Kraus, T.E., Stern, D., Liang, Y.L., and Horwath, W.R. 2019. Sequestration and Transformation in Chemically Enhanced Treatment Wetlands: DOC, DBPPs and Nutrients. Publicly Available on ASCE Library , "Journal of Environmental Engineering", 145(8), 04019044, Published: 2019.
- Bachand, P.A.M., Kraus, T.E., Stumpner, E.B., Bachand, S.M., Stern, D., Liang, Y.L. and Horwath, W.R., 2019. Mercury sequestration and transformation in chemically enhanced treatment wetlands. Publicly Available on Chemosphere, "Chemosphere", 217, pp. 496-506, Published: 2019.
- Liang, Y.L., Kraus, T.E., Silva, L.C., Bachand, P.A., Bachand, S.M., Doane, T.A. and Horwath, W.R., 2019. Effects of ferric sulfate and polyaluminum chloride coagulation enhanced treatment wetlands on Typha growth, soil and water chemistry. Publicly Available on ScienceDirect, "Science of the Total Environment", 648, pp. 116-124, Published: January 15, 2019
- Bachand, P.A., Bachand, S.M., Stern, D., Deverel, S. and Horwath, W.R., 2018. Rice Drain Management to Reduce Seepage Exports in the Sacramento–San Joaquin Delta, California. Available on ACSESS DL, “Journal of Environmental Quality” Vol. 47 No. 5, p. 1186-1195, Published: August 23, 2018.
- Hansen, A.M., T.E.C. Kraus, S.M. Bachand, W.R. Horwath and P.A.M. Bachand. 2018. Wetlands receiving water treated with coagulants improve water quality by removing dissolved organic carbon and disinfection byproduct precursors. Available on ScienceDirect, Science of the Total Environment 622-623:600 – 613, Published: May 1, 2018.
- Stumpner, E.B., Kraus, T.E., Liang, Y.L., Bachand, S.M., Horwath, W.R. and Bachand, P.A., 2018. Sediment accretion and carbon storage in constructed wetlands receiving water treated with metal-based coagulants. Publicly Available on ScienceDirect, "Ecological Engineering", 111, pp. 176-185, Published: 2018.
- Ariyama, J., P. Bachand, T. Harter, S. Roy and W. Horwath. 2017. Groundwater Recharge and Nitrogen Flux Model for the On-Farm Flood Flow Capture Project i California. Environmental Science and Technology. es-2017-00445d.
- Eckard, RS, BA Pellerin, BA Bergamaschi, PAM Bachand, SM Bachand, RGM Spencer and PJ Hernes. 2017. Dissolved Organic Matter Compositional Change and Bioavailability During Two Storm Runoff Events in a Small Agricultural Watershed. Available on AGU Publications, “Journal of Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences” 122(10): 2634-2650, Published: September 30, 2017.
- Bachand, PAM, S.B. Roy, N.R. Stern, J.Choperena, D. Cameron and W.R. Horwath. 2016. On-Farm Flood Flow Capture – Addressing Flood Risks And Groundwater Overdraft In The Kings Basin With Potential Applications Throughout The Central Valley. Available on California Agriculture, “California Agriculture” 70(4): 200-207, Published: November 16, 2016.
- Joshua T. Ackerman, Tamara E. C. Kraus, Jacob A. Fleck, David P. Krabbenhoft, William R. Horwath, Sandra M. Bachand, Mark P. Herzog, C. Alex Hartman, and Philip A. M. Bachand. 2015. Experimental Dosing of Wetlands with Coagulants Removes Mercury from Surface Water and Decreases Mercury Bioaccumulation in Fish. Available on ACS Publications, “Environmental Science & Technology” 2015 49 (10), 6304-6311, Published: April 20, 2015.
- Stumpner, E.B., T.E.C. Kraus, J.A. Fleck, A.M. Hansen, S.M. Bachand, W.R. Horwath, J.F. DeWild, D.P. Krabbenhoft and P.A.M. Bachand. 2015. Mercury, monomethyl mercury, and dissolved organic carbon concentrations in surface water entering and exiting constructed wetlands treated with metal-based coagulants, Twitchell Island, California. Available on USGS, U.S. Geological Survey Data Series 950, 26 p, Published: 2015.
- Bachand, P.A.M., S. Roy, J. Choperena, D. Cameron and W.R. Horwath. 2014. Implications of Using On-Farm Flood Flow Capture To Recharge Groundwater and Mitigate Flood Risks Along the Kings River, CA. Available on ACS Publications, "Environmental Science and Technology" 48(23), 13601-13609, Published: 2014.
- Windham-Myers L., J.A. Fleck, J.T. Ackerman, M. Marvin-DiPasquale, C.A. Stricker, W.A. Heim, P.A. Bachand, C.A. Eagles-Smith, G. Gill, M. Stephenson, and C.N. Alpers. 2014. Mercury cycling in agricultural and managed wetlands: a synthesis of methylmercury production, hydrologic export, and bioaccumulation from an integrated field study. Publicly Available on USGS, "Science of the Total Environment" 484: 221-231, Published: 2014.
- Windham-Myers, L., J.T. Ackerman, CN Alpers, PAM Bachand, JA Fleck, and M. Marvin-Dipasquale. 2014. Methylmercury cycling in wetlands managed for rice agriculture and wildlife: Implications for methylmercury production, transport, and bioaccumulation. Available on NCBI, “The Science of the Total Environment” 484: 219-220, Published 2014.
- Bachand, P. A. M., Bachand, S., Fleck, J., Anderson, F., & Windham-Myers, L. 2014. Differentiating transpiration from evaporation in seasonal agricultural wetlands and the link to advective fluxes in the root zone. Available on USGS, “Science of The Total Environment” 484: 232-248, Published: 2014.
- Bachand, P.A.M., S.M. Bachand, J.A. Fleck, C.N. Alpers, M. Stephenson, and L. Windham-Myers. 2014. Methylmercury production in and export from agricultural wetlands in California, USA: The need to account for physical transport processes into and out of the root zone. Available on USGS, “Science of the Total Environment 472: 957-970, Published: 2014.
- Hernes, P.J., R.G.M. Spencer, R.Y. Dyda, B.A. Pellerin, P.A.M. Bachand B. Bergamaschi. 2013. DOM composition in an agricultural watershed: Assessing patterns and variability in the context of spatial scales. Available on USGS, “Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta” 122: 599-610, Published: 2013.
- Oh, N-H, B. Pellerin, P. Bachand, P. Hernes, S. Bachand, N. Ohara, M.L. Kavvas, B. Bergamaschi, B. and W.R. Horwath. 2013. The Role of Irrigation Runoff and Winter Rainfall on Dissolved Organic Carbon Loads in an Agricultural Watershed. Available on USGS, “Agriculture, Ecosystems and the Environment” 179:1-10, Published: 2013.
- Geisseler, D., Lazicki, P. A., Pettygrove, G. S., Ludwig, B., Bachand, P. A., & Horwath, W. R. (2012). Nitrogen Dynamics in Irrigated Forage Systems Fertilized with Liquid Dairy Manure. Available on ACSESS DL, “Agronomy Journal” 104(4), 897-907, Published: July, 2012.
- Y. K. Henneberry., T.E.C. Kraus, J.A. Fleck, D.P. Krabbenhoft, P.M. Bachand and W.R. Horwath. 2011. Removal of inorganic mercury and methylmercury from surface waters following coagulation of dissolved organic matter with metal-based salts. Publicly Available on USGS, "Science of the Total Environment" 409: 631–637, Published: 2011.
- J.L. Florsheim, B.A. Pellerin, N.H. Oh, N. Ohara, P.A.M. Bachand, S.M. Bachand, B.A. Bergamaschi, P.J. Hernes and M.L. Kavvas. 2011. From deposition to erosion: Spatial and temporal variability of sediment sources, storage, and transport in a small agricultural watershed. Available on USGS, "Geomorphology" 132(3-4): 272-286, Published: 2011.
2001 - 2010 Publications
2001 - 2010 Publications
- Bachand, P.A.M, A.C. Heyvaert, S.E. Prentice and T. Delaney. 2010. Feasibility study and conceptual design for using coagulants to treat runoff in the Tahoe Basin. Abstract Available on ASCE Library, ASCE "Journal of Environmental Engineering" 136:1218-1231, Published: 2010.
- Bachand, P.A.M., S.M. Bachand, S. Lopus, A. Heyvaert and I. Werner. 2009. Treatment with Chemical Coagulants at Different Dosing Levels Changes Ecotoxicity of Stormwater from the Tahoe Basin, California, USA. Available on Taylor & Francis Online, "Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic/Hazardous Substances and Environmental" 45(2), 137–154, Published: 2009.
- Saraceno, JF , B.A. Pellerin, B.D. Downing, E. Boss, P.A.M. Bachand and B.A. Bergamaschi. 2009. High-frequency in situ optical measurements during a storm event: Assessing relationships between dissolved organic matter, sediment concentrations, and hydrologic processes. Available from USGS, "Journal of Geophysical Research", 114, G00F09, Published: 2009.
- Lopus, S. E., P. A. M. Bachand, A. Heyvaert, I. Werner, S. J. Teh, and J. Reuter. 2009. Potential toxicity concerns from chemical coagulation treatment of stormwater in the Tahoe Basin, California, USA. Available on ScienceDirect, "Journal of Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety" Published: 2009.
- Hernes, P.J., R.G.M. Spencer, R.Y. Dyda, B.A. Pellerin, P.A.M. Bachand, and B.A. Bergamaschi. 2008. The role of hydrologic regimes on dissolved organic carbon composition in an agricultural watershed. Available from Science Direct, "Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta" 72 (2008) 5266–5277, Published: 2008.
- Trejo-Gaytan, J, P. Bachand, J. Darby. 2006. Treatment of Urban Runoff at Lake Tahoe: Low-Intensity Chemical Dosing. Available on ResearchGate, "Water Environment Research" 78(13): 2487-2500, Published: 2006.
1990 - 2000 Publications
1990 - 2000 Publications
- Bachand, P.A.M. and A.J. Horne. 2000. Denitrification in constructed free-water surface wetlands: I. Very high nitrate removal rates in a macrocosm study. Available on ScienceDirect, “Ecological Engineering” 14(1-2):9-15, Published: September 1999.
- Bachand, P.A.M. and A.J. Horne. 2000. Denitrification in constructed free-water surface wetlands: II. Vegetation community effects. Available on ScienceDirect, “Ecological Engineering” 14(1-2): 17-32, Published: September 1999.
- Bachand, P. A. M. (1996). Effects of managing vegetatives species, hydraulic retention time, wetland age and water depth on removing nitrate from nitrified wastewater in constructed wetland macrocosms in the Prado Basin, Riverside County, California (Doctoral dissertation, Ph. D. dissertation, University of California, Berkeley). Available on ResearchGate.